The Dream Workshop version 2 is here!
Our first book Dream It! is all about finding a dream — the hardest and most important step. But we won’t leave you hanging there. With the Dream Workshop we’ll walk you through the whole process of turning dreams into reality: dreaming (goal setting and optimistic thinking), mapping (planning and perseverance) and playing (doing and overcoming obstacles).
Dream > Map > Play = Dreamaplay
The workshop, previously called The Dream Club, will be a short introduction to the overall process of how to turn dreams into reality. It’s perfect for classrooms, after-school clubs, homeschooling, Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, and anybody that has about 2 hours to play some fun games to learn how to dream and make those dreams real.
Pictured above are two activities from our Dream Workshop. (We have a variety of activities to choose from.) In the first, students are encouraged to share their dream. The sharer gets to wear the coveted talking hat. In the second activity, students make dream catchers with their facilitators and talk about some of their fears about doing it.
The Dream Workshop schedule
- Ice breaker activity.
- Activity. Step 1. Dream it! Fill out a short bucket list.
- Activity. Step 2. Map it! As an example of planning a dream, students will map an adventure around the world.
- Snack break.
- Activity. Step 3. Play it! As an example of doing/living a dream, students will attempt a difficult maze that is intended to create an obstacle to overcome.
- Conclusion. Sharing a dream or lesson learned.
- Certificate of achievement.
After the workshop, we hope kids would like to do a deep dive into the most important and difficult step, how to dream, with our new book, Dream it!
We’ll be posting more information soon.
- More pictures.
- More activities.
- And we’ll post the workshop for anyone to use!
How-To Dream Activities
The below picture is from our book launch, but our Dream Workshops often work the same.