- Our new research project has been running for two months now. We’ve partnered with the University of Cincinnati again to study whether our new Dream Workshop works. Community professors Sara and Scott already spent two days in the classroom training the facilitators.
- Strike a pose and let the world know you’re excited to be yourself! “Dream It!” made the Children’s Book Council’s Express Yourself Showcase.
- ICYMI, please visit the online version of our latest newsletter.
- “Dream It!” was chosen by the Reading Is Fundamental organization as part of their Social-Emotional Learning Collection.
- New puzzle creator in Games.
- We meet with our publisher Magination Press this month to present not one but three new book ideas. Keep your fingers crossed!
- The Dream Workshop v2 will be online by the end of the month. Whew! It’s busy around here.
- More previous highlights below.
Our dream to teach kids how to dream keeps on growing! Which is good, we’re not going to run out of fun stuff anytime soon. Here are a few things that are floating to the top of our to-do list, in other words, dreams that we have promoted to full-fledged goals:
- The sequel — Map it! Stay tuned for stories about how we make the book. And free games to test the new content. Above see the trilogy we just presented to our publisher, Magination Press.
- A birthday party game pack. How fun would a new dream be as a birthday present!?
- Hopefully, this fall will be launching a new card game on Kickstarter. This will teach valuable goal-setting concepts and by learning through play and having lots of fun those concepts will become lifelong strategies.
- And more… We have hundreds of dreams in the queue — that’s no exaggeration!
Chinese TranslationWe are super excited to announce that “Dream It!: A Playbook to Spark Your Awesomeness” will be translated into Simplified Chinese by Hunan Education Publishing House Branch. Coming March 2021.
- We’re proud to announce that we will be conducting another research project with the University of Cincinnati this fall. More details to come.
- In conjunction with World Vision, we’re developing a new workshop that teaches all 3 steps of our process. This will be a great resource for everyone that finished “Dream it!” and are ready to begin mapping and playing their dreams.
- We have a new Bucket List Notepad in the store. Now you’ll never run out of room for dreams.
- We’re working on a rough draft of “Map it!” to show our publisher Magination Press in August. So, we’re very busy!
- Ooh! Big surprise! “Dream it!” will be translated into simplified Chinese. Thanks. Magination Press team.
- We’re talking with World Vision about implementing “Dream it!” in Central and South America. Such an exciting opportunity!
- We had a meeting with the superintendent and assistant superintendent of Cincinnati Public Schools and —good news! — they’re interested in implementing “Dream it!” into one of their programs. Of course, there are still a lot of hurdles, but we’re getting to be good hurdlers. Imagine a world full of kids that have the hope and grit to live their dreams. Keep your fingers crossed.
- The children’s story of Scott’s bicycle ride around the world is now free! Illustrated by elementary students.
- We have a new inspirational Dream Showcase. Please send us your dream to help inspire the world.
- We’re working on a Bucket List notepad and more. See Coming Soon below.
- The research project with the University of Cincinnati and Parker Woods Montessori has concluded. Read a great summary on the I Am CPS blog: Parker Woods Montessori Helps UC Undergrads with Research.
- We have a new button in the store. It’s an inspirational conversation starter.
- Our third FREE game is here! Dream Thought Bubbles. A fun and easy game for a younger audience.
- Our second free game is here: Awards. Earn your dream rank from Newbie to Awesome!
- The new Facilitator Guide for both teachers and parents is finished! Also coming soon is a guide for healthcare professionals. Please contact us to get on the waiting list.
- Read our article about How to Teach Kids to Dream in 3 Steps on Psychology Today, the premier blog for psychologists.
- The authors recently presented “Dream it!” at the American Psychological Association’s annual meeting. We gave several presentations, including poster study of our research project and findings. (We’ll post that later.)
- Don’t miss the new professional video we had made. Give it a thumbs up on YouTube.
- Dream It! is published!!! And our website goes live!!!
- Sara meets Scott and the dream for a book about teaching kids how to dream is born.