Sara is a child psychologist, and Scott is an author and graphic designer. Together, they wrote Dream It: A Playbook to Spark Your Awesomeness an imprint of the American Psychological Association. Scott drew all of the illustrations by hand. They both love traveling and inspiring others to take adventures — they believe that encouraging children to dream is the best adventure of all! The story of how they created their book is featured on their publisher’s website.
- What books have you written?
- What’s your writing process?
- How do you decide what topics to write on?
- What do you do when you’re not writing books?
- What children’s book made the most of an impact on you growing up?
- Any advice for new authors?
- What is the topic of your newest book about?
- Who is the book’s audience?
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What’s your favorite story from making this book?
- What made you want to publish with Magination?
- How did you draw the pictures?
Show some love to our publisher and visit their website to read the story.
These photos were taken during the 2017 total solar eclipse. We’ve traveled the world and it’s no exaggeration to say that this was the most amazing 2 minutes and 40 seconds of our lives! Scott took pictures of the solar eclipse using a homemade solar filter on his canon camera. Visible are the sun’s corona and solar flares. It isn’t the best photo, but nothing can compare to being there and seeing it with your own eyes.
About the publisher
After 4 years in development, we’re excited to announce that “Dream It!” will be published by Magination Press. “Self-help books for kids and the adults in their lives, written by experts and published by the American Psychological Association, the largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States, and the largest association of psychologists worldwide.” We feel this is the perfect publisher for the Playbook’s themes of passion, optimistic thinking and social emotional learning. We couldn’t be more excited. The “Dream It! Playbook” has grown bigger than us and we just couldn’t do it alone. Read an interview with the publisher and authors.